Classroom Representatives (f.k.a. Room Parents)
Ms. Nicoletti KA- Mrs. Sophia Onwuzulike
Mrs. Mullally KB- Mrs. Danielle Gideon
Ms. Hannan 1A- Mrs. Carlita Skok and Mrs. Ebony Glass
Miss LoBuglio 2A- Mrs. Kathleen James
Mr. Ringer 2B- Mrs. Julia Sellers
Mrs. Creamer 3A- Mrs. Elizabeth Manning and Mrs. Julia Sellers
Mrs. Wiggins 4A- Mrs. Jane Panza
Mrs. Sedney 5A- Ms. Yolanda Flenoury and Mrs. Elizabeth Manning
Mrs. Cipolletti 6A- Mrs. Tanja Cicerchi
Miss Moran 7A- Mrs. Barb Heltzel
Mrs. Tooker 8A- Mrs. Kendra Holloway
The above Classroom representatives will serve in place of room parents of years past—room parents performed some, but not all, of the functions of the new classroom representatives. Classroom representatives will serve as a conduit of information from the PTO, the administration, and the teachers to families in the class. Additionally, classroom representatives will help to organize support for classroom activities when parent volunteers or supplies are needed. Classroom representatives will also be tasked with coordinating Christmas and year-end teacher appreciation, as decided by the individual class. Specific duties of the classroom representative include the following:
- Communicate with the teacher in the first weeks of the year (whether by meeting, phone conference or email – in whatever manner is most convenient for you) to discuss any known needs for the upcoming school year.
- Regularly check in with the teacher (email is fine) to find out about upcoming events and activities.
- Set up an email list for the class early in the year and using the list to regularly communicate with parents in the class about upcoming events as indicated by the teacher.
- For grades 1 and above, call any new families to introduce yourself and answer any questions. Note that Laura Larson already coordinates a new family outreach, and every new family is matched with a current family, so many of the new families’ initial questions already have been answered. The idea here is to give the new families one more connection.
- Coordinate assistance with special projects as needed.
- Serve as a resource for other parents in the class.
- Attend PTO meetings whenever possible to gather information to share with the class and to share information about what’s happening in the class with the larger group as warranted.